Saturday, March 7, 2009

Daylight Savings Time

Don't forget to reset your clocks tonight. Set your alarm for 2 a.m., get up and change the time to 3 a.m.. Remember to do this precisely at 2 a.m. - that's when the change takes affect.

Or if you've got a rebellious streak, go ahead and change it now!

Of course if you'd done what I do, it wouldn't even be an issue. It's been just over 120 days since we changed out clocks the last time. I hate losing that hour of sleep in the spring, so ever since last fall I've been setting my clock ahead 30 seconds every day. That way, I don't even notice the change, and I feel completely rested. Of course it does make it a little difficult to stay in sync with the rest of the world. Their clocks are off anywhere from 30 secs to 59 and a half minutes from me, but I think it's worth it.

Tune in next time when I explain flying from one time zone to another, and how to avoid jet lag!

No comments: