Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Advent Preview

Here I am sitting at my desk on the Wednesday afternoon before Thanksgiving. Our Pre-School was not in session today, so it was a quiet day in more ways than one.

I'm trying to get over a pretty decent case of bronchitis. I was able to preach Sunday, but only mouthed the words to the worship songs. That's difficult for me to do; I mean I really wanted to sing... but I also wanted to preach, and Sunday was one of those days I had to choose which one I wanted to do more.

Sunday begins Advent 2008. I love this time of year. This year's Advent Theme at Aloha Church of God is Christmas Grace.

Here's the plan:

1st Sunday of Advent - November 30 - Christmas Grace Means God Keeps His Promises
2nd Sunday of Advent - December 7 - Christmas Grace Means God Is On Our Side
3rd Sunday of Advent - December 14 - Christmas Grace Means God Makes Room for Us
4th Sunday of Advent - December 21 - Christmas Grace Means God Won't Forget Us
Christmas Eve - Christmas Grace Means God Isn't Afraid of a Mess

If you need some grace this Christmas, why not join us? There's plenty to go around.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Tim, I would love to share your text or notes of your sermons with the homeless I work with each Sunday. Is that possible to send to me?

mellis@tbteam.com