Wednesday, December 24, 2008

To Christmas Eve or Not to Christmas Eve

Hey, guys, we have a winter weather advisory until 10 p.m., and a winter storm warning until 9 p.m. From what I understand we're supposed to get 1-2 more inches of snow today, before giving way to rain.

I'm trying to decide if the weather warrants cancelling our Christmas Eve Candles, Carols and Christ service. It's supposed to stay above freezing long enough for people to get home, but even rain on top of all this snow and ice can be treacherous.

I take this call very seriously. I'm raring to go (or is it rearing to go - someone has to tell me the derivation of that phrase), but I don't want anyone getting hurt trying to get there, or while they're driving home. I hope things are clear cut enough that I can make the call by noon.

I'm planning to take communion to some of our seniors this afternoon. I really enjoy doing that. Here's hoping the weather cooperates!

2 comments:

Craig Sautter said...

Tonight was great. Thanks. Merry Christmas and I know we have a great year ahead of us at Aloha Church of God.

Janelle Irwin said...

Hi Tim,

This is what I found out on the question of raring or rearing to go:

raring gets the nod--

From: The Oxford Pocket Dictionary of Current English | Date: 2008 | © The Oxford Pocket Dictionary of Current English 2008, originally published by Oxford University Press 2008.
rar·ing / ˈre(ə)ring/
• adj. inf. very enthusiastic and eager to do something: she was raring to get back to her work I'll be ready and raring to go.

Love,
Janelle